Hampi is a small village on the north side of Karnataka, which is famous for its ruins belonging to the erstwhile Hindu Kingdom of Vijaynagar and is also declared as a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
The culture of Hampi depicts a combination of tradition and modernity. People celebrated several festivals with great enthusiasm. Numerous art and culture festivals are hosted throughout the year, which gives glimpses of the rich cultural ethos and local tradition.
Moreover, Hampi Utsav is one of the most enjoyable festivals in Karnataka, which includes various programs that give people an opportunity to rejoice and relive the glory of their land. It is a three day festival which is generally celebrated in the month of November. So, book a room in one of the best luxury hotels in Hampi to witness this festival.
Let’s take a look at some of the highlights of Hampi Utsav.
- One of the biggest attractions of Hampi Utsav is the “light & sound show”. The 15 km long ruins of Hampi are lit up with different lights that genuinely bring out the grandeur of the place.
- Another prime attraction is Virupaksha Temple, which is beautifully decorated as a part of Hampi Utsav celebrations.
- Various performances, shows, competitions and exhibitions are organized during the festival.
- You will find several handicrafts and leather puppets at the festival, which are made by skilled artisans.
- Attend the Janapada Kalavahini – a concert of folk dance & songs and Jumbo Savari that you should not miss.
- People from different parts of the country come here to enjoy the sports games like Table Tennis, Volleyball, Kabaddi, Swimming and Mud Field Race.
- Puppet shows, traditional dance & drama, music shows and cracker shows make for the heart and soul of the 3-day event.
So, if you are planning to attend this festival that spans for duration of 3 days then city boasts of some exciting stay options where you can plan a comfortable stay. One of the best hotels in hampi Hospet is WelcomHeritage Shivavilas Palace, which is equipped with all the modern amenities and luxurious stay options. Also book this hotel to make your trip a pleasant experience.
Hampi Utsav is the perfect reason to visit this historical place at least once in your life. Plan a trip to experience an extraordinary fusion of culture and art.